READY TO BUILD A BETTER
Take the first step by becoming a member of the Greater
New Bedford Career Center or the Wareham Career Center. Connecting
with a new job, a new career, or educational opportunities has never
been easier. Resources are available to help you set and reach your
goals at the Career Centers.
Get started now. No cost membership for all. Call (508)
990-4000 in New Bedford or (508) 291-7062 in Wareham - or stop by.
WHAT IS THE CAREER CENTER?
The Career Centers are the employment resource and
training network for residents and businesses of the Greater New
Bedford area. We provide services that prepare adults and youth
for entry, re-entry and advanced opportunities in the workforce.
Our professional staff help members develop the skills needed for
WHAT RESOURCES ARE AVAILABLE TO ME?
• Access to internet employment opportunities
• Use of copiers, fax machines and telephones
• Use of personal computers and printers
• A job search library
WHAT SERVICES DOES A MEMBER RECEIVE?
• Job Search Assistance
• Resource Center for Job Search
• Job Matching
• Job Fairs
• On-Site Employer Recruitment
• Labor Market Information
• Community Resource Information
OTHER MEMBER PRIVILEGES
• Job Placement Assistance
• Career Counseling / Planning
• Veteran’s Employment Counseling
• Job Application Completion
• Resume Development
• Job Clubs / Networking
• Educational Assessment
• Skills and Interest Assessment
• Continuing Education Information
• Financial Aid Assistance
• Interviewing Guidance
• Re-employment Opportunities
• Job Search Workshops
• Post Placement Services
• On-The-Job Training Opportunities
• Occupational Skills Training
• GED / Adult Education Programs
• Dislocated Workers
• Fishing Industry National Emergency Grant (NEG)
• Youth Services
• Veterans’ Services
• Trade Adjustment Act
• Transitional Assistance
WHO CAN BECOME A MEMBER?
Everyone can join! However, more intensive services
may require eligibility determination.
For more information or to become a member please call
(508) 990-4000 in New Bedford
or (508) 291-7062 in Wareham.
New Bedford Career Center:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m
Tuesday, 8:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Friday, 9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wareham Career Center:
Monday - Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
back to top^